Don’t be quick to dismiss classical music as old and stodgy – not only can it be pretty cool, but it can really help you transform, release, regenerate, rest and rejuvenate.
“Classical music affects the brain’s organization and abilities, through its melody and rhythm. The rhythm raises the level of serotonin produced in your brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, involved in the transmission of nerve impulses that helps maintaining joyous feelings. When the brain produces serotonin, tension is eased. In fact depression is a consequence of the scarce production of this hormone. Serotonin is released when the brain is “positively shocked”. For instance: if we look at a splendid painting, smell a delicious scent, feel an extraordinary sensation, eat something delicious or listen to some charming music, then the brain lets off a certain amount of serotonin which arouses and maximizes pleasant feelings. Music’s rhythm can also stimulate other natural cadences of the body, resembling the heartbeat, or the Alfa-rhythm of the brain, and this effect is used to counter the development of clinical depression. The melody instead, is the “sparkle” that catalyses the creative process in our minds.
The peculiarity of music is that while poetry and the literature must rely on the rational transport to inspire an emotion, since they are mediated from words, music omits this stage and points directly to stage of communicating emotions. Music does not pass through rationality to express its essence; it crosses right to our emotions. Through generating a sequence of different emotions, listening to certain music can give a different base to your thoughts, words, and actions.”
I have compiled a list of both what my team recommends, what I have used over the years as well as some new pieces I downloaded for you to try on for size. Take this as a very brief introduction; find your songs, your classical lanterns and healers. Find your composition for what you are looking for right at this moment. Trust the composer you want to type in first, follow your fingers searching the web for their songs as they followed their fingers in composing the pieces for you.
Get still, take a breath. Allow, receive and accept and simply press play. You can follow the suggested meditation steps for each song or you can draw while you listen, clean while you listen…just let these rhythms inside your energy.
1. Healing and letting go. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4uOxOgm5jQ4.Beethoven’s 7th symphony 11 movement. Just take a breath and press play.
2. Shadow self work. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIyTiKwDvU Mozart concerto for clarinet in A major. List your five favorite qualities about yourself (kind, generous, independent, etc) and now write down the opposite of the five. These opposite five characteristics are your shadow side. Visualize a beautiful door, you hear a stirring behind it, knowing someone is on the other side, you feel calm and excited to open the door-feeling like an old friend is on the other side and as you open the door press play, this song will help you to meet your shadow, allow whatever to unfold, observe what it looks like, does it speak, does it want to talk or play, try and show love to your precious shadow as best as you can.
3. Embracing the growing process. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmTF5zIKngwBeethoven a violin sonata in f, opus #24 spring. Picture the layers of experiences that no longer serve you coming off of you- memories, moments of despair, heartache, moments of growth, moments of glory, like petals on a flower blooming or falling off, each one falls away to uncover the present you today.
4. Studying. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JcUh-ggBfzI
Mozart K545 Sonata in C major.
5. Getting energized. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7fr4T18cg
E.S. posthumous Unstoppable. Focus on your main chi spot, your perineum; focus on its golden red energy. Picture a copper wire uncoiling, a rope unraveling.
6. Experiencing your I am moments. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFZ588ydX1U audiomachine “Tree of Life” from Awakenings. Picture yourself climbing mountains, diving into the ocean, visualize success with your big dreams- accomplishing them, with every breath taken during this song your are accomplishing your wildest dreams with ease and flow. With every step taken the next step is revealed.
7. Hope. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwHpDOWhkGkyBach – Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major BWV1007 – Mov. 1. Allow yourself to feel the energy in your hands during this piece. Only focus on that until you notice the energy there, then move to other parts of your body, to your knees, ears, until you notice the energy throughout your entire body. This allows and requires you to pull your awareness to a now moment.
8. Dream your world into being. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBuO5TwuXsETimo Pierre Rositzki – A Place Called Denia . Allow your focus to be on your physical eyes, with them closed ask your team to make necessary adjustments to what you are ready to see, to remove, and clean what is there. This piece is a lullaby for your ego, so it will sleep. Allow your eyes to embrace the kaleidoscopes and transformative downloads it will receive.
9. Path to spiritual partnerships. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnbP-_qmVtc
The Last of the Mohicans – Promontory (Theme). A spiritual partnership is not just romantic love; a spiritual partnership is a partnership between equals for the purpose of spiritual growth. Visualize yourself walking down a river; you are walking with your feet in the river. Notice what’s around you, trees, flowers, day or night, is it cool or hot. As you walk notice the people and memories that you are walking past. With each person or memory you pass thank them/it, bless them/it, love them/it and keep walking down your river notice changes as you continue walking. Allow doors to close, speak, etc with each pause on the river, whatever feels in alignment. Notice your breath as you begin walking towards equal partnerships with the purpose of spiritual growth. Notice how the river moves as this point and your surroundings.
10. Needing answers, can’t turn off your mind. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-v1c9v3TM
Antonio Vivaldi 9 Concertos for Transverse Flute,Kuijken. Before listening to this piece write the questions you need answered, worries, chatter down on paper, so they are not out wondering around in the ethers to be answered. When you write them down you ask them to be answered in the physical. It also helps keep your mind clear and clutter free of questions. Allow the answers to come, but maybe once the song is complete you won’t need them answered anymore.
11. When all the cards are on the table. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5zQE1Zy04
Chopin.Scherzo No. 1 in B minor, Op. 20.Idil Biret . Basically here it’s the gambler song, know when to hold em, know when to walk away, know when to run…. Ask divine wisdom to download into you during this song the perspective of the highest good for you.